This easy Homemade Ketchup recipe uses pantry ingredients and is better than anything you can buy at the store! It is healthier and more delicious too!
Why I love this recipe:
- Easy – Whip up this tomato ketchup in under 30 minutes then store in the fridge! It’s a simple, one pot recipe!
- Pantry Ingredients – Out of ketchup? Chances are you already have everything you need to make this, and I promise it will be worth it!
- Delicious – This easy ketchup recipe tastes fresh and better than anything that you can buy at the grocery store! It has no artificial ingredients or corn syrup, so it’s healthier too!
- Tomato Paste
- Tomato Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Optional: Crushed Red Pepper or Hot Sauce
How to make Ketchup:
Simmer Ketchup: Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring well. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat. Sweeteners and spices can be adjusted, to taste.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: This easy ketchup recipe can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just store in a glass pint jar or other glass container with a lid.
To Freeze: I suggest homemade ketchup freezing in ice cube trays, then once frozen, store the cubes in a freezer Ziploc bag for easy access and quick thawing.
- Tomato Paste: You can make tomato paste from scratch. If you’d like to use fresh garden tomatoes for ketchup, I suggest this recipe, or this one for home canning https://www.pickyourown.org/ketchup.htm.
- Sugar: Can substitute honey, Stevia, Splenda, Agave, or leave it out, depending on taste and dietary preferences. Keep in mind that each will alter the flavor (especially honey).
Use Ketchup With:
Follow me for more great recipes
Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring well.
Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
Store in a glass pint jar or other glass container with a lid, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Sweeteners and spices can be adjusted, to taste.
Calories: 200kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2091mgPotassium: 1255mgFiber: 5gSugar: 38gVitamin A: 1789IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 4mg
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!